Your choice of suction system can have a significant impact on your carbon footprint. We at Serres aim to support you in reaching your sustainability targets. We analyze the environmental impact of our actions and products throughout the smart fluid management lifecycle – from the design phase all the way until the end of the product lifecycle. One area where we can offer a more sustainable option is transport.
Serres Suction Bags are foldable, which means they can be packaged efficiently for convenient transportation. When you compare to conventional suction systems, such as disposable rigid canisters, the benefits are significant.
For instance, you need 12 containers to transport 120,000pcs of disposable rigid canisters, while the same amount of Serres Suction Bags can fit in only 2 containers.
Serres Suction Bags:
- 60,480pcs of 2l Serres Suction Bags / container
- 2,280pcs of 2l Serres Suction Bags / pallet
- 40” container fits 21 pallets
Disposable rigid canisters:
- 10,080pcs of 2l rigid suction canisters / container
- 40pcs of 2l disposable rigid canisters / pallet
- 40” container fits 12 pallets
Next, let’s look at emissions from transportation
Let’s assume disposable rigid canisters are manufactured in China, Serres Suction Bags are made in FInland, and compare the environmental impact of sea freight from Finland and China to U.S. east coast.
- Helsinki–New York 7,838 km
- Shanghai-New York 19,611 km
Weight of containers:
- Empty 40” container weighs 3.75 tons
- Serres container weighs approx. 8.7 tons
- Disposable rigid canister container weighs approx. 7 tons
CO2 emission / container:
- Serres: 10 x 8.7 x 7838 = 682 kg of CO2
- Disposable rigid canisters: 10 x 7 x 19611 = 1373 kg of CO2
CO2 emission to deliver 120,000pcs of Serres Suction Bags vs disposable rigid canisters:
- Serres: 2 containers x 682 kg of CO2 = 1,364 kg of CO2
- Disposable rigid canisters: 12 containers x 1,373 kg of CO2 = 16,476 kg of CO2